...on this very blog, by way of posts, pics and videos, we'll keep you updated on our physical travels, our emotional journeys and our metaphorical highs as we travel from Minneapolis, MN to El Paso, TX.

stay tuned, folks. we're in for a ride. :)

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Day 1

Day 1 of our trip is coming to a close and I have to say. Despite how much stress and sadness I feel.. I am at peace. I have no idea what is going on in the next week...let alone month of my life....but I feel ok with it. I am right where I need to be. I miss my Tony a bit....but I will see him soon. The cats are doing remarkably well. We chose not to drug them today and find out what would happen. They are completely chill during the car ride...so far...they like to take turns on perching on the center console and watching the road.

We had a shoot this morning and then met with my landlord to turn in my keys. From there we went to Conger, MN to say goodbye to my mom and step-dad. Then we drove to see Miss Rachel Watson. We dined at a fabulous place called Tre and are currently watching a rather large screened television...HGTV. This is how we roll.

Tomorrow we are going to the Kool Aid museum and then in to Colorado....we'll see if that John Denver really is full of shit.

1 comment:

cthery said...

I'm happy to hear that Cosmo & Reggie are sober enough to remember this adventure! Stay safe and have a lovely drive through to SD & Nebraska. I'll check the photos from home rather than work, just in case... :)

The Scavenger Hunt (to be documented with pictures!)

  • something with our name on it (first, middle or last)
  • A couple that has been married over 50 years
  • Sombrero
  • Something Named after each state we drive through
  • $5 (must be panhandled)
  • something from the Telluride Free Box
  • A photog willing to take our Pictures!
  • Harmony Park
  • Chocolate from CO
  • a HUGE stoner
  • A Talented tounge roller
  • A Naughty flower ;)
  • as many books of matches as we can possibly get
  • Black Hills Gold
  • Kum n Go lighter
  • Wall Drug Sticker
  • MULLET!
  • Something that looks like huge boobs
  • A complete table setting (to be gathered from restaurants along the journey)
  • A Phallic building
  • The KoolAid Man
  • A mountain that looks like a Butt
  • The fattest person we can find
  • A Bald Man