...on this very blog, by way of posts, pics and videos, we'll keep you updated on our physical travels, our emotional journeys and our metaphorical highs as we travel from Minneapolis, MN to El Paso, TX.

stay tuned, folks. we're in for a ride. :)

Monday, April 27, 2009

AHHHH!!!!

Time is going by so fast now!!! and I still don't know when Paige and I are leaving! I am supposed to find out Wednesday....we'll see if they stick to their word this time....

My going away party was fabulous...got to see some people I haven't seen in awhile and I got to dance!! I love dancing. Now it's only 6 days til Paige comes!!!!

On a travel note:

I recently procured a dosage of bendryll to test out on Cosmo and Reggie. Cosmo is a slimmer 17 lbs and Reggie a mere 10. So I went to target and purchased the 25 mg tabs of benedryll to drug my cats with.

I got home and tony crushed up the pills and mixed them with wet food. After placing the food in the dish the cats bum rushed the bowl...only to stop abruptly. Cosmo took a HUGE mouthful of it (because he is a pig) and immediately projectile vomited the food back in the bowl and began drooling. Reggie took one sniff, jumped like someone bit him and hid behind the couch.

I figured that at this point we would have to shove the pill down their throats....so I had tony hold them and I got the pills down their gullets. Cosmo ran off and sat by the door drooling profusely and growling until about thirty minutes later he wandered over by me growling and threw up.

I was a bit distraught that this supposed remedy was not working. It had no affect on Reggie whatsoever. I came to the conclusion that the dosage must have been off. I decided to try liquid benedryll. For all of you folks out there who think it might be easier to use a syringe to get medication into a cat....it's not. Don't try it.

Anyhow. I pinned down Reggie first and managed to get about a half dosage into his mouth before he gagged and ran off. I thought nothing of it and moved on to my next slightly pudgier victim. Cosmo too got about a half a dosage...but he didn't gag...he projectile vomited yet again...this time straight into my face and all over my chest. (FYI- Benedryll is sticky.) He then ran into the same room Reggie was in leaving a trail of drool behind him. When I say trail of drool....I don't just mean he was drooling a little. This was St. Bernard sized cat drool. I rounded the corner from my kitchen to the dining room only to see that unbeknownst to me...Reggie had the same reaction to the Benedryll as Cosmo....and had freaked out about it. I now had to clean cat drool of the carpet, the chair, the loveseat, the couch, the wood floor, and the tv screen.

Moral of the story?

Get prescription drugs the first time.

No comments:

The Scavenger Hunt (to be documented with pictures!)

  • something with our name on it (first, middle or last)
  • A couple that has been married over 50 years
  • Sombrero
  • Something Named after each state we drive through
  • $5 (must be panhandled)
  • something from the Telluride Free Box
  • A photog willing to take our Pictures!
  • Harmony Park
  • Chocolate from CO
  • a HUGE stoner
  • A Talented tounge roller
  • A Naughty flower ;)
  • as many books of matches as we can possibly get
  • Black Hills Gold
  • Kum n Go lighter
  • Wall Drug Sticker
  • MULLET!
  • Something that looks like huge boobs
  • A complete table setting (to be gathered from restaurants along the journey)
  • A Phallic building
  • The KoolAid Man
  • A mountain that looks like a Butt
  • The fattest person we can find
  • A Bald Man